Who needs a manual?
Veloster N prices start at $32,250.00.
Is the Hyundai Veloster N all new as of 2021?
No, although the Veloster has been available for US sales since the Fall of 2011, the N Line was introduced in 2019. 2021 brings a few updates like the new lightweight sport seats. The buckets have a light-up N logo on the backrest and are heated. The infotainment system gets a software upgrade and a larger 8.0-inch screen. However, the biggest news for 2021 is the 8-speed dual clutch automatic transmission.
HYUNDAI Velsoster N Trim levels
The Hyundai Veloster N in two variations:
- 6-Speed manual transmission
- N 8-Speed Wet Dual Clutch Transmission (as tested)
The automatic transmission is a $1,500 option bring my test vehicle to a total MSRP (not including destination charges) to $33,750.
What is the HYUNDAI Velsoster N warranty?
- 10 year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited
- 5 year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Limited
- 5 year/unlimited-mile roadside assistance
- 3 year/36,000-mile Complementary maintenance
What engine comes with the Hyundai Veloster N?
The Veloster N’s only option is a 2.0-liter inline four turbocharged engine. All 2021 cars now come standard with 275 hp vs. the 250 hp 2020 cars, unless optioned with the performance package.
What are the interior features of the HYUNDAI Veloster N?
On the technology side the car now offers an upgraded software for the infotainment system displayed on the new larger 8-inch touchscreen. Standard features include Infinity Premium Audio system with external amp and 8 speakers including subwoofer, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and proximity key entry with push button start just to name a few. See full list of features below.
On the sport side, huge influence from motorsports is present with N gauge tachometer, shift lights, N light sport bucket seats, leather wrapped steering wheel with N badging, blue seat belts and my personal favorite the N drive mode button displayed by a checked flag right on the steering wheel.
How does the HYUNDAI Veloster N Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, The car is a high-performance hot hatch, so not very family oriented by nature, but we can’t forget it’s a 3 door coupe. It’s unbelievable how that virtually seamless 3rd door can suddenly make it family friendly. Cargo space is generous and cabin space is more than expected. I managed just fine as a 6’4 individual hauling two children around.
As a car enthusiast, Frankly, I was sad to see the car go. What a blast! I love how it’s truly inspired by motorsports and tested at the historic Nürburgring track in Germany. The car brings out all your senses and you feel one with the car from the addictive pops and crackles of the exhaust, to the stiffness of the suspension, tightens of the steering, the quick and seamless shifts of the transmission and the distinctive exterior references that tell you this car means business.
It’s a strong contender to the hot hatch segment. A lot of value for the price. It’s a real high-performance car and Hyundai puts their money where their mouth is. The Veloster actually races at the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge. True classics are born from their race heritage and this car will have a rightful place in history. The car satisfies those true enthusiast with the itch to drive.
Hyundai Veloster N features
- 2.0L Inline 4-cylinder Turbo
- Variable exhaust valve system
- Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
- N 8-speed Wet Dual Clutch Transmission
- N Corner Carving Differential (limited-slip differential with electronic control)
- Drive Mode Select
- Electronically Controlled Suspension (ECS)
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- 235/35 R19 Pirelli P Zero (HN Branded)
- 6-way adjustable driver seat with seat height adjustment
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback with fixed head restraints
- 8-inch touchscreen navigation
- Infinity Premium Audio system with external amp and 8 speakers incl. subwoofer
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Bluetooth hands-free phone system with voice recognition
- Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror with extension
- Proximity Key entry with push button start
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Advanced dual front airbags (SRS) with Occupant Classification System (OCS)
- Driver and front passenger side-impact airbags (SRS)
- Side-curtain airbags (SRS) (front and rear passengers)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with 4-wheel disc brakes
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
*Features available with N model.
For more information about the Hyundai Veloster N , please visit www.hyundaiusa.com