More power, more range, more efficiency
Prices start at $36,295.00.
Is the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV all new for 2021?
No. However, the Outlander PHEV has substantial revisions for 2021, and features an upgraded powertrain, a larger battery pack with extended all-electric range, and increased performance from the new, more efficient, 2.4 liter inline-four cylinder engine with a higher-output rear electric motors.
PHEV Trim levels
The Outlander PHEV is offered in three trim levels:
- SEL S-AWC (as tested)
- LE S-AWC
- GT S-AWC
LE is an all new trim giving the Outlander a sporty look. Also includes a standard sunroof and Mitsubishi Power Sound System, blacked-out grille, dark chrome dual spoke 18-inch alloy wheels, and a special blackout design for the front and rear bumpers.
What is the Outlander PHEV warranty?
- 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year /100,000-mile limited warranty on PHEV components and the Main Drive Lithium-ion battery
- 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty to the original retail purchaser and a 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance program
What engine comes with Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?
2.4L Inline-4 Cylinder Engine / Twin 70kW Electric Motors
All trim levels are powered the same, 126 Horsepower and 148 lb-ft of Torque enigne and a 70kW electric motor (up 10kW from previous year) for a combined 221 Horsepower, up 31 Horsepower from previous model.
The Outlander PHEV’s main drive battery capacity also grows from 12.0 kW/h to 13.8 kW/h, resulting in an increase of all-electric range from 22 to 24 miles. Additionally, this also allows increasing the top speed of all-electric operation from 79 mph to 83 mph.
Engine is paired to a 1-speed automatic transmission.
What are the interior features of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?
A very simple, yet ergonomically friendly interior with hints of contemporary and luxurious elements. Trim is in a silver carbon-style finish on instrument panel and center console. A prominently displayed Sport mode button looks appropriate surrounded in that carbon-style trim. The paddle shift are waiting for you when that button is pressed! A leather wrapped steering wheel, provides a high quality feel and definitely refines the driving experience.
This is the epitome of the 21st century vehicle, using both traditional engine and electric motors. That integration of technology automatically generates a high level of expectation of what to expect for the interior technology, and it does not disappoint. Starting with the 8.0-inch multi-colored smartphone -link display capable of Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Connect your phone via USB ports or Bluetooth wireless technology. Operate your phone via steering wheel controls or voice recognition. More hints of modern with a electric shift lever, push to start button, Fast-key entry system and review camera.
How does the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, The cabin is spacious and practical…especially with kids. The electric power steering was by far the smoothest steering I have experienced in a very long time. Multiple USB outlets made space for all necessary devices. Very smooth and quiet ride, easy to communicate while driving with the kids in the back.
As a car enthusiast, It’s a family car, no doubt. But Mitsubishi seems like they didn’t want to forget the enthusiast dads or moms! It’s all in the details with carbon-style interior finish, a sport button, paddle shifters and let’s not forget the spectacular Ruby Black Pearl Paint job that flickers in the light.
I wasn’t sure what to expect with a Mitsubishi, I must admit, it was a long time since I had driven one. It is great to see the company being competitive in the market. There is a very subtle attention to detail in this car, that may go unnoticed for the untrained eye, but I see that dedication and commitment to provide those details and I applaud Mitsubishi. The car is well priced for the level of technology and efficiency!
Outlander PHEV SEL Luxury Features
Outlander PHEV Mechanical Features
- 13.8 kWh Lithium-ion Drive Battery
- 120-volt charging cable, switchable 8A/12A
- 120V/240V Charging Capability
- DC Fast Charging Capability
- Regenerative Braking System (RBS)
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS)
- Front MacPherson strut suspension with stabilizer bar
- Rear Multi-link suspension with stabilizer bar
- 8″ display
- Android, Auto & Apple Carplay Capable
- Bluetooth wireless
- Sirius XM
- HD Radio
- Front and Rear USB ports
- Electric Heater
- Rear Seat Air Vents
- Power Remote Lift Gate
- Underfloor Area Storage
- Auto-dimming Rear View Mirrors with Homelink
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and brake assist
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Automatic Hight Beam (AHB)
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSP) with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Advanced dual-stage front airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Driver knee airbags
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- RISE body construction
*Features available with SEL trim
For more information about the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV visit