The American sports car keeps getting sweeter.
Corvette Convertible prices start at $69,695.00
Is the Chevrolet Corvette all new for 2022?
No. The ‘C8’ generation as it is known was introduced to the world in the summer of 2019. Cars began to hit roads in 2020 and every production year since has brought some minor changes or improvements. 2022 will bring a limited edition car inspired by the IMSA GTLM championship-winning competition car (C8.R). Only 1000 of these will be built. Additionally, 2022 model years offers a new low profile rear spoiler, three new colors added to the selection, and improvements include a new fuel pump and injectors.
Corvette Trim levels
The Corvette is offered in three trim levels:
- 3LT (as tested)
The 3LT, being the most equipped, offers many standard features, such as front axle memory lift, sewn leather, and carbon fiber trim.
What is the Corvette warranty?
- 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty
- 5-year /60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty
What engine comes with Corvette?
6.2L V8 DI ENGINE
All three trim levels offer the 6.2L V8 as the only engine option. The engine produces 490 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque. 495 horsepower is obtainable through the Performance exhaust or Z51 Performance Package.
Engine is mated to an 8-speed dual clutch transmission.
What are the interior features of the Corvette Convertible 3lt?
The first thing that caught my eye was the interior design and how extremely driver focus it is. It is very contemporary, well thought out, and unique, full of different finishes, materials, and details. The cabin is rather spacious, at least for sports car standards. However, what isn’t typical in sports cars is the cargo space. Chevy claims you can fit two sets of golf clubs, which I don’t doubt as the massive space (for a sports car) did impress me.
The C8 Corvette uses Chevrolet’s Infotainment 3 Plus system, which is displayed via an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth audio streaming, a 4G LTE mobile hotspot, and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability. Very user friendly menus and easy to understand quickly.
How does the corvette stingray Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, by default, I like to give my reviews a family use perspective. In this case, it is not designed for transporting children. However, cargo space is more than adequately provided it’s a pure sports car. Best of all my six-year-old loved getting dropped off at school in the convertible Corvette. That makes it perfect.
As a car enthusiast, The Corvette is an American icon. I love how Chevy, is evolving with the car. It’s obvious the C8 brings changes the Corvette world has never seen before, so how do you make something great even better? Somehow Chevy has pulled it off. The car is designed around enthusiasts (and they are hardcore), and it delivers everything as promised.
The C8 Corvette can’t be ignored as a contender for its segment. The car has killer looks, technology, and even more important, impressive performance figures. By the way, if you try to find something else that gives you everything the Corvette gives you it will nearly be impossible at this price range.
corvette convertible 3lt Features as tested
Performance & Mechanical Features
- All season Performance Tires
- Stability & Traction Control
- Driver Mode Selector
- Valet Mode
- Z51 Performance Package
- Rear Axle, Performance Ratio
- High Performance Tires
- Spoiler, Low Rear
- Z51 Performance Suspension
- Electronic Limited Slip Diff
- Z51 Performance Brakes W/Z51 Logo On Calipers
- Heavy Duty Cooling System
- Performance Exhaust
- Front Lift Adjustable Height Memory
- Z51 Performance Suspension W/Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- Performance Traction
- 19″ Front, 20″ Rear Carbon Finsih Painted Aluminum Wheels With Machined Edge
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium with Navigation 8″ Diag HD Color Touchscreen, Voice Recognition Bluetooth Audio Streaming Vehicle Apps And Personalization Capable
- Bose Performance Series 14 Speaker Audio System
- Driver Customizable Info Center, 12″ Diag Color Display
- Keyless Open And Start
- Remote Vehicle Start
- SiriusXM Radio Capable
- OnStar(R) Service & WI-FI (R) Hotspot Capable
- Wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto
- Performance Date And Video Recorder
- Universal Home Remote
- Wireless Charging For Devices
- Head-Up Display
- 8-Way Power GT2 Bucket Seats
- Floor Console W/USB Ports
- Heated & Ventilated Seats
- Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Package
- HD Front/Rear Vision Cameras (Front Camera Is Curb View)
- Rear Park Assist
- Enhanced Theft Deterrent System
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Side Blind Zone Alert
*Features available with 3LT trim
For more information about the Chevrolet Corvette visit