Futuristic styling, and Versatile interior
Ioniq 5 prices start at $41,245.00
Is the Hyundai Ioniq 5 all new in 2022?
Yes, the Ioniq 5 marks an exciting new chapter for Hyundai as they introduce their all-new, all-electric Ioniq sub-brand. The standard package that includes a hands-free power liftgate, synthetic leather seating, immersive ambient interior lighting, a heated steering wheel, convenient wireless charging capabilities, and an array of other remarkable additions.
HYUNDAI Ioniq 5 Trim levels
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 line is offered in seven trim levels:
- SE Standard Range
- SE Long Range
- SEL Long Range
- SE Long Range AWD
- SEL Longe Range AWD
- Limited Long Range
- Limited Long Range AWD (as tested)
MSRP as tested $55,920 including destination charges.
What is the HYUNDAI Ioniq 5 warranty?
- 10 year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
- 5 year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty
- 7 year/Unlimited-mile Anti-Preformation Warranty
- 10 year/100,000-mile Electric Vehicle System Warranty
- 3 year/36,000-mile Complimentary Maintenance
- 5 year/Unlimited-mile Roadside Assistance
What engine comes with the Hyundai Ioniq 5?
The Ioniq 5 boasts an electric powertrain, offering a range of options. Starting with the standard-range battery, paired with a single electric motor located in the rear, this configuration generates a solid 168 horsepower. Opting for the longer-range battery in a rear-wheel-drive setup, delivers 225 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. For those seeking even more power, the all-wheel-drive version takes the crown with a robust 320 horses and an impressive 446 pound-feet of torque.
The Limited trim I tested came with a 74kW and 164kW Dual Electric Motor.
What are the interior features of the HYUNDAI Ioniq 5?
You’ll find a futuristic and technologically advanced interior that seamlessly blends innovation with eco-conscious design. The digitized dashboard sets the stage for a high-tech experience. A head-up display that incorporates augmented reality, capable of projecting navigation directions directly onto the windshield. The Ioniq 5 has a completely flat floor for maximum passenger and cargo space.
12.0-inch touchscreen and a 12.0-inch digital gauge cluster. The touchscreen takes center stage as the central hub for all entertainment-related activities. It includes smartphone-integrated apps like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Furthermore, advanced voice-recognition technology adds an extra layer of convenience.
How does the HYUNDAI Ioniq 5?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, The interior space/ergonomics are laid out extremely well. An incredibly practical vehicle for daily use, children, commutes, cargo, etc..It has all the safety features one could want, technology galore, and a best of all (for me) a quiet cabin.
As a car enthusiast, It’s electric so I don’t think I need to mention the great acceleration. This car is all about the styling, and it breaks the status quo. I wonder if it’s an acquired taste? I like it immediately, especially those wheels!
This is the next generation vehicle – from design, tech, and EV. The car makes a statement and I believe it to still be very affordable. cars that makes statements typically are not affordable!
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited features
- 74kW+165kW Dual Electric Motor (320 HP): HTRAC All-Wheel Drive
- 77.4 kWh Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery System (800V)
- DC Ultra-Fast Charging Capability w/ SAE Combo Port
- 10.9kW On-Board Charger: Battery Pre-Heating System & Heat Pump
- Single-Speed Reduction Gear: Column-Mounted Shifter
- Regenerative Brake Level Control Paddles
- 20″ Alloy Wheels; Active Grille Shutters
- Leatherette-Trimmed Seats; Heated and Ventilated front seats
- Power Passenger Seat
- Ambient Interior Lighting: Premium Door Sill Plates
- Tilt-&-Telescoping Heated Leather Steering Wheel
- Proximity Key with Push Button Start
- Dual Front Auto Temperature Control & Rear AC Vents
- Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
- 12.3-Inch Digital Instrument Cluster with EV Tech Display
- Wireless Device Charging
- Sliding Center Console
- 60/40 Split 2nd Row Folding Seats with Side & Recline
- Vision Panoramic Fixed-Glass Sunroof with Power Sunshade
- Hands Free Smart Liftgate with Auto-Open
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist: High Beam Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist
- Parking Collision Avoidance Assist
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Driver Attention Warning
- Rear Occupant Alert: Safe Exit Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Individual Tire Indicator
*Features available with Limited AWD trim
For more information about the Hyundai Ioniq 5, please visit: