Electrified on a budget
Kona Electric prices start at $35,295.00
Is the Hyundai kona Electric all new in 2022?
Yes, The Kona Electric receives a facelift 2022. All new front and rear bumpers, new design for the wheels, and minor interior changes that now includes a standard 10.3-inch digital gauge display. The Ultimate trim which was the highest tier has been eliminated. now it’s only the base SEL and the luxury Limited models.
HYUNDAI Kona Electric Trim levels
The Hyundai Kona Electric Line is offered in two trim levels:
- Limited (as tested)
Starting price for Limited trim, $42,500.00
What is the HYUNDAI kona Electric warranty?
- 10 year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
- 5 year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty
- 7 year/Unlimited-mile Anti-Preformation Warranty
- 10 year/100,000-mileHybrid Electric Battery
What engine comes with the Hyundai kona Electric?
Both trim levels have power provided by a A 201-horsepower electric motor from a 64.0-kWh battery pack.
SE and SEL trim levels are mated to a single speed transmission.
What are the interior features of the HYUNDAI kona Electric?
Hyundai’s managed to keep the interior very similar to the fuel cars. Same comfort and convenience. Quality materials, good ergonomics, and spacious cabin. Perhaps it was just the color interior in my test car, but it felt much more up scale.
10.25 inches is the size of the digital cluster, but speed is also visible through the head-up-display. The infotainment screen adds an additional 10.25-inch of digital display. Harman/Kardon makes the sound with an eight-speaker setup, ready for users to hookup via bluetooth.
How does the HYUNDAI kona Electric?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, It’s a small crossover, I don’t believe family was the main focus for the Kona, as it really targets a much younger demographic. However, I was very comfortable using it to take my two daughters to school. The car is not very large, but the interior is very well thought out, practical and spacious.
As a car enthusiast, I’m personally a big fan of the exterior design of the Kona, and the electric is very much distinguished with particualr features not found on the fuel counterparts. Driving electric is fun, especially for the 0-60 punch!
I consider it an excellent choice as a full electric car for the entry level car buyer. It’s not short on looks, saftey, or technology. In fact, I think it will satisfy the mid level car buyer as well.
Hyundai kona Electric features
- 201 hp Electric Engine
- 64.0-kWh Battery Pack
- 258 Miles Per Charge
- Single speed transmission
- Wireless Device Charging
- AM/FM/HD Radio Audio System, Dual Front USB Outlets
- SiriusXM Radio
- Blue Link Connected Services
- Blue Link Remote Start (3 year complimentary)
Comfort & Convenience
- 17″ Alloy Wheels
- Automatic On/Off Headlights: LED Daytime Running Lights
- Rain-Sensing Whipers
- Active Air Flap (Lower Grille)
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Heated Side Mirrors with Turn Signal Indicators
- Proximity Key with Push Start
- Hyundai Digital Key
- Power Driver Seat with Lumbar Adjustment
- Power Sunroof
- 60/40 Split Folding Rear Seat with Center Armrest
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Automatic Temperature Control
- LED Interior Lights
- Heated Front Seats
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel with Audio, Cruise & Phone Controls
- 10.25-Inch Digital Instrument Cluster
- 10.25-Inch Touch Screen Navigation System
- Dynamic Voice Recognition
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance
- Leather-Wrapped Heated Steering Wheel
- Full Battery Charge
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Following Assist
- Driver Attention Warning: Rear Occupant Alert
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Safe Exit Warning
- Front, Front Side & Side-Curtain Airbags/ with Rollover Sensors
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Individual Tire Indicator
- Parking Distance Warning-Reverse
*Features available with Limited trim
For more information about the Hyundai Kona Electric, please visit: