Crossover Subcompact SUV with BIG Attitude
Kona N prices start at $35,495.00.
Is the Hyundai kona n all new in 2022?
The performance enhanced 2022 Hyundai Kona N does not only have previous models’ best features but a hand full of new useful features. With Hyundai’s Avante-Garde technology and engineering, the 2022 Hyundai Kona N has been designed to impress with a variety of driver-assistance features. The Kona N has a sporty dynamic with a turbocharged 2.0 liter four-cylinder engine, an electronic sport-tuned suspension, a standard 8-speed N-tuned wet dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT) and much more.
HYUNDAI Kona Trim levels
The Hyundai Kona N is offered in four trim levels:
- N Line
- N (as tested)
MSRP as tested $35,495 not including destination charges.
What is the HYUNDAI kona n warranty?
- 10 year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
- 5 year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty
- 7 year/Unlimited-mile Anti-Preformation Warranty
- 5 year/Unlimited-mile roadside assistance
- 3 year/36,000-mile Complementary maintenance
What engine comes with the Hyundai kona n?
With a turbocharged 2.0 liter four-cylinder engine the Kona N gets some speed and only gets better with the simple touch of a red button found on the steering wheel which engages the over boost mode, increasing the 276-hp fleet to 286 for 20 seconds. In addition to the unique over boost mode, the Kona N provides high- performance with 276 horsepower and 289 pounds of torque.
Unlike other models, the Kona N has an 8-speed automatic wet dual clutch transmission with paddle shifters as well as N exclusive powertrain technology. These Kona N exclusive features include Rack-mounted motor driven power steering, 14.2-inch front and 12.4-inch rear brake rotors, and a variable dual-tip exhaust system.
What are the interior features of the HYUNDAI kona n ?
Hyundai’s designers blended a sport infused style with modern technology. The Kona N’s interior design is integrated to provide comfort and quality. The Kona N includes an exclusive leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with various controls, sport bucket style seating with heated front seats and lumber support on the driver’s side.
Safety and convenience were heavily considered in the design with easily accesible technology. Many of the built-in safety features include collision-avoidance assistance, driver attention warnings, airbags with roll over sensors and a tire pressure monitoring system.
There is a 10.25- inch N exclusive display with touchscreen navigation and AM/FM/HD Radio as well as a 90 day free platinum trial with Sirius XM, Bluetooth capability with Android auto and Apple Car play, wireless charging and Premium Harman Kardon speakers.
How does the HYUNDAI kona N Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, It’s a small crossover, I don’t believe family was the main focus for the Kona, as it really targets a much younger demographic. However, I was very comfortable using it to take my two daughters to school. The car is not very large, but the interior is very well thought out, practical and spacious.
As a car enthusiast, With this car have learned the difference an N makes. What a blast to drive this car! Hyundai has taken the core spirit of automotive enthusiasts and delivers it in a potent package. The looks are great, the handling is phenomenal, the sound is addicting.
I’m very impressed with the performance delivery given the price point of the car. N cars are true providers of performance. The Kona is a sports car not wrapped in a sports car, and that makes even more appealing as far as I’m concerned. SOLD.
Hyundai kona n features
- 2.0L Turbocharged 4 cylinder engine with GDI
- N 8-Speed Wet Dual-Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle Shifters
- N Corner Carving Differential (E-Ltd. Slip Differential)
- N Grin Shift & Power Shift
- N Exclusive Rack-Mounted Motor Driven Power Steering
- N Exclusive 14.2-Inch Front & Rear Brake Rotors
- N Exclusive Variable Dual-Tip Exhaust System
- N Exclusive Front and Rear Fascias
- N Exclusive 19′ Alloy Wheels
- N Electronic Controlled Suspension
Comfort & Convenience
- N Exterior and Interior Badging
- Alloy Sport Bucket Seats and Pedals
- Automatic On/Off Headlights: LED Daytime Running Lights
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Proximity Key with Push Start **
- Hyundai Digital Key
- Power Driver Seat with Height Adjustment
- 60/40 Split Folding Rear Seat with Center Armrest
- Automatic Temperature Control
- Heated Front Seats
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel with Audio, Cruise & Phone Controls
- 10.24-Inch Digital Instrument Cluster
- 10.25-Inch Color Touchscreen Audio Display
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance
- AM/FM/HD Radio Audio System, Dual Front USB Outlets
- SiriusXM Radio
- Wireless Device Charging
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Following Assist
- Driver Attention Warning
- Rear Occupant Alert
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Safe Exit Warning
- Downhill Brake Control: Hillstart Assist Control
- Front, Front Side & Side-Curtain Airbags/ with Rollover Sensors
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Individual Tire Indicator
*Features available with Kona N trim as tested.
For more information about the Hyundai Kona N , please visit