New fastback styling
Infiniti QX55 starts at $46,550.00
Is the Infiniti QX55 all new for 2022?
Yes, QX55 is an all new nameplate for 2022. Although it does share platforms and powertrain with the QX50, it’s intended to be a much sportier crossover with bolder, fastback styling. Unlike the QX50 all trim levels of the QX55 come standard with AWD. The QX55 is inspired from a previous generation of a crossover coupe from two decades ago. Fastback crossovers are in popular demand and Infiniti is out for market share.
Infiniti QX55 Trim levels
Infiniti QX55 is offered in three trim levels:
- Sensory (as tested)
Sensory is the highest trim level. It offers many standard features listed below. My test car had the optional premium paint. Finished in Slate Gray over Monaco Red Semi-Aniline Lather-Appointed Seating (no additional cost). In my option a very sporty, yet elegant and very contemporary finish.
What is the Infiniti QX55 warranty?
- 6-year/70,000-mile powertrain
- 4-year /60,000-mile basic coverage
- 24-hour roadside assistance
What engine comes with the Infiniti QX55?
2.0L VC-Turbo 4-cylinder engine (Variable Compression Turbo)
All three trim levels come standard with the 4-cylinder turbo engine producing 268 horsepower and 280 lb-ft torque.
Additionally all trim levels are mated to a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) transmission, with paddle shifters as a standard feature.
What are the interior features of the Infiniti QX55?
A stylish interior complements the exterior very nicely. Great touch on the two-tone Monaco Red/Black Semi-Aniline Lather-Appointed Seating. It offers luxury as expected, but also the sportiness of a crossover coupe. Up front the cabin is plenty roomy, but slightly more compromised in the back seats as with any coupe vehicle.
Two digital displays are used for different functions and infotainment. The top display shows navigation and the lower display, for media, radio, and vehicle settings. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are both standard equipment and feature wireless connectivity capability. My test car was equipped with a 16-speaker Bose sound system and Wi-Fi hotspot, both available standard on the Sensory trim.
How does the Infiniti QX55 drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, It definitely has SUV practicality especially with the liftgate function, but cargo space and family car aspects are compromised given the more sport segment the QX55 offers. For a more family oriented crossover, Infiniti does offer the similar QX50. However, for small families this crossover could be a good middle ground for kids and adults, which leads me to my next perspective…
As a car enthusiast, It’s a crossover, but it’s also a coupe design, which suggest sporty and all it’s other features complement just that. Being a smaller car, made for very fun driving, especially with 268 horses at your will. Two tone interior, 20 inch wheels, paddle shifters and sport mode. It seems like Infiniti had the car enthusiast in mind for this one.
A segment with strong competitors! The QX55 offers a lot of standard features that others don’t. The styling makes a statement and very attractive to both male and female in my opinion. I like how Infiniti has added to the line-up to satisfy all buyers. They themselves claim it’s not a car for everyone. That’s a bold move, but also very considerate, and I can appreciate that loyalty to create something special.
Infiniti QX55 standard Features
- 2.0L Variable Compression Turbo Engine
- 268 Horsepower & 280 Ib-ft Torque
- INFINITI Intelligent All Wheel Drive
- Direct Adaptive Steering
- All-Season Run-Flat Tires
- 20-Inch Dark Painted & Machine Finished Aluminum Alloy Wheels
- Auto On/Off Cube Design LED Headlights
- LED Signature Daytime Running Lights
- LED Front Fog Lights
- Power Moonroof
- Roof Rails
- Rain Sensing Front Windshield Wipers
- Reverse Tilt Down, Heated Outside Mirrors
- Motion Activated Liftgate
- Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Black Natural Maple Wood Interior Trim Accents
- Remote Engine Start
- Head-Up Display
- Enhanced Interior Ambient Lighting
- Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column
- Leather-Wrapped, Heated Steering Wheel
- Paddle Shifters
- Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with HomeLink Garage Door Control
- Advanced Climate Control System
- Semi-Aniline Leather-Appointed Seating
- Power, Climate Controlled Front Seats
- Memory Seat, Mirrors, & Steering Wheel
- Driver & Passenger Power Lumbar
- Easy Fill Tire Alert
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Acoustic Front Window Glass
- Rear Seat Side, Recline & Fold Flat Function
- INFINITI InTouch Dual HD Display System
- Navigation with MapCare & Premium Traffic
- Bose 16-Speaker Performance Series Audio
- Wireless Apple Carplay + Android Auto
- INFINITI InTouch Services
- Wi-Fi Hotsport
- High Beam Assist
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning
- Forward Emergency Braking with pedestrian Detection
- Rear Automatic Braking
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Blind Sport Warning
- Blind Spot Intervention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Departure Prevention
- Hill Start Assist
- Front & Rear Parking Sensors
- Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Distance Control Assist
- ProPILOT Assit
- Steering Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Adaptive Front Lighting System
*Features available with Sensory AWD trim
For more information about the Infiniti QX55 visit: