Family friendly fastback with style and performance
Stinger prices start at $36,290.00.
Is the KIA Stinger new for 2022?
No, the Stinger was introduced to the market back in 2018. However, 2022 does bring something new in addition to several styling updates. The standard 255-hp turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder is now replaced with the more powerful 2.5-liter turbo-four. The new engine now makes an impressive 300 horsepower. The optional twin-turbo 3.3-liter V-6 now gets a horsepower bump from 365 hp to 368 due to the new variable exhaust system. Styling changes include updated exterior lighting elements, new wheel designs, and larger exhaust tips. Inside, the 2022 Stinger has upgraded materials throughout, new metallic trim pieces, adjustable ambient lighting, and a larger optional 10.3-inch infotainment display.
As Tested kia Stinger GT-Line: suggested retail price of $38,670.00, NOt including destination charge
Kia Stinger Trim levels
The Kia Stinger is offered in three trim levels:
- GT- Line (as tested)
The GT-Line is the perfect trim for those seeking the GT styling with a more budget focus approach.
What is the Kia Stinger warranty?
- 10 year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
- 5 year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty
- 5 year/60,000-mile roadside assistance
What engine comes with the kia Stinger?
2.5L L Four-Cylinder Turbo (as tested)
Standard is a 2.5L Turbo four-cylinder turbo with 311 lb.- ft torque producing 300 horsepower. It’s mated to an 8- Speed Automatic Transmission with paddle shifters .
3.3L TwinTurbo Six-Cylinder
The optional engine available in the GT1 and GT2 trims is a 3.3L Twin Turbo six-cylinder with 376 lb.- ft torque producing 368 horsepower. It’s mated to an 8- Speed Automatic Transmission with paddle shifters.
The K5 GT- Line, offers more plenty of power for the more style focused driver.
What are the interior features of the Kia Stinger GT-Line?
A very functional and attractive interior. Quite spacious interior as well, in fact the rear seat offers significantly more space than many cars in this class. The hatchback offers sufficient space for day-to-day cargo, with easy access.
Kia’s infotainment system is called UVO. The display is offered in 8.0- or 10.3-inch touchscreen with some with useful physical buttons too (which I like). Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard, as well as the six-speaker sound system. An optional upgrade is the 15-speaker Harman/Kardon sound system. Wireless smartphone charging pad and in-dash navigation are all available options.
How does the Kia Stinger GT-Line Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, this car was very comfortable. Being 6’3, comfort is an ongoing obstacle in a lot of cars, but legroom and headroom are sufficient. There was enough space for my 6-year-old and my 3 year old in her car seat. The fairly quiet cabin allowed me to ask my daughter how her day was after dance pickup without having to raise my voice.
As a car enthusiast, Staying and performance seem the be the emphasis for the Stinger. Although I have not driven the 3.3L Twin Turbo V6, the 2.5L has plenty of power, fun to drive and looked good doing it. It really is a car for enthusiasts.
The car has styling, comfort, and yes, it still has performance. Not an easy combination with entry level pricing. The G-Line is a car for someone that needs their daily that includes passengers, technology and safety, but also cares very much about how they are going to look doing it. I would categorize the GT-Line as a blend without any major sacrifices. The car gets the job done, but built for the the person who puts thought into what thy are driving.
Kia Stinger GT-Line features as tested
Performance & Mechanicals
- 2.5L Turbo Gas Direct Injection (GDI) 4-Cylinder Engine
- 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- Drive Modes (EcoSmart, Comfort, Sport, Custom)
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- 18′ Alloy Wheels
- LED MFR Headlights & LED Taillights
- Headed Outside Mirrors
- Leather Seat Trim with Heated Front Seats
- 10.25 Touchscreen with Navigation System
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay Smartphone Integration
- Rear View Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Dual Zone – Full Automatic Temperature Control
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology, USB Input
- UVO link
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Multi-Way Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat
- Steering Wheel Controls (Blouetooth/Audio/Cruise)
- Smart Key with Push Button Start
- Rear Seat Temperature-Adjustable Vents
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags & Driver’s Knee Airbag
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side & Full-Length Curtain Airbags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Safe Exit Warning
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist – Ped/Cyclist/JT
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Departure Warning
*Features available with GT-Line model.
For more information about the Kia Stinger, please visit www.kia.com.