Totally reimagined and now competitive!
Prices start at $28,340.
Is the Mitsubishi Outlander SEL all new for 2022?
Yes, the Outlander is totally reimagined for 2022. The model comes with more battery capacity and a larger electric motor than the previous generation, the Outlander with a plug will now be compatible with a third row, which wasn’t available before. Mitsubishi has given the Outlander a newly designed interior that is elegantly simple.
Mitsubishi outlander Trim levels
The Outlander is offered in seven trim levels:
- SE Launch Edition
- Black Edition
- SEL (as tested)
- SEL Special Edition
- SEL Launch Edition
SEL trim offers luxurious features such as comfortable leather seats with diamond designs and stitching across the dash. When the start button is pressed, a colorful 12.3” digital gauge cluster is activated, providing excellent graphics. The Outlander is larger than a compact SUV, but smaller than a midsized SUV, and has distinctive lines running along the sides. The exterior of this car is very attractive.
What is the Outlander SEL warranty?
- 5-year/60,000-mile limited warranty
- 10-year /100,000-mile Powertrain warranty
- 7-year/100,000-mile Anti-Corrosion Perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance program
What engine comes with Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?
2.5L DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine Direct-Injection
The Outlander is powered by a 2.5-liter inline-four-cylinder engine that produces 181 horsepower and 181 pound-feet of torque. It is paired with a 8-speed continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). The front-wheel drive is standard, but all-wheel drive is available as an option. The Outlander offers improved handling and stability compared to the previous model. Its steering is responsive, its body movements are controlled, and its suspension provides a smooth and comfortable ride.
What are the interior features of the Mitsubishi Outlander SEL?
The Outlander’s cabin features a noticeable improvement in materials compared to the previous model, which had subpar plastics and low-quality trim. The interior accents and surfaces are of higher quality and have a modern design. The new Outlander also offers a range of modern features such as an available 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster and a head-up display. The first and second rows provide additional space for passengers’ hips and legs, but the third row is not suitable for adults. The Outlander also has increased cargo space, with an extra 1 cubic foot of storage behind the second and third rows.
The Outlander’s impressive technology extends to its interior, which delivers on the high expectations set by its impressive array of features. The new Outlander comes with either an 8.0- or 9.0-inch touchscreen, depending on the trim level. Both units come equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, with the 9.0-inch version allowing users to connect their iPhones wirelessly. In addition to charging ports on the center console, the system also has physical buttons and knobs for volume and tuning. Available features include a 10-speaker Bose audio system, wireless device charging, and access to the subscription-based Mitsubishi Connect app, which provides remote services.
How does the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, The cabin is spacious and practical…especially with kids. The fit and finish is a big step above the previous generation. It’s a luxury car. Multiple USB outlets made space for all necessary devices. Very smooth and quiet ride, easy to communicate while driving with the kids in the back.
As a car enthusiast, It’s a family car, no doubt, but the design language and finish of the car in general makes you want to be proud of your car. The combination of EV with gas power also gives it a nice push when you press the throttle. I also noticed it is a much more balanced ride compared to the previous generation.
Mitsubishi went all out on the SEL. The efforts to be competitive continue. I hope my review can help shine some more light on the brand and this car in particualr. It’s a tough segment with so many choices, but the Outlander is one to consider.
Outlander SEL Luxury Features
Outlander SEL Mechanical Features
- 2.5L DOHC 4-Cylinder Direct-Injection
- 8-Speed Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC)
- Shift by wire
- Paddle shifters
- Regenerative Braking System (RBS)
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS)
- Front MacPherson strut suspension with stabilizer bar
- Rear Multi-link suspension with stabilizer bar
- LED low and high beam headlights
- LED fog lights
- LED daytime running lights
- Headlight washers
- Headed side mirrors
- 20-inch two-tone alley wheels
- Tire repair kit
- Front rain-sensing wipers
- Heated front and rear seats
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat with memory for seat and outside mirror linked with key fob
- 9.0 Navigation system with Smartphone-link Display Audio (SDA)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Google Android Auto
- SiriusXM with 3-moth All Access trial
- 12.3 full digital driver display
- HD Radio
- 6 speakers
- Smartphone wireless charger
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Steering wheel audio and phone control
- Steering wheel voice recognition control
- Rear 1x USB-C and 1x USB-A
- Front 1x USB-C and 1x USB-A
- Multi-view camera system
- Drive mode selector (Tarmac, Gravel, Snow, Normal, Eco, Mud)
- 3-zone automatic climate control
- FAST-Key entry system w/ push button start
- Power Windows with all door auto up/down
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Rear seat center armrest with cupholders
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and brake assist
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Trailer Stability Assist (TSA)
- Tire pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Wiht tire fill notification
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) with pedestrian detection
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- MI-Pilot Assist with Navi-link Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop and Go Lane keep Assist (LKA) Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) with Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and Rear Automatic Emergency Braking (Rear AEB)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Front parking sensors
- Cruise control
- Advanced dual-stage front airbags
- Driver and passenger SRS knee airbag
- Front seat mounted side SRS airbags
- Side curtain SRS airbags
- Rear outer-board seat mounted SRS side airbags
- Front seat mounted SRS Center airbag
- Adjustable front seat shoulder belt anchors
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and tethers for Children) for 2nd row
- Seatbelt reminder for all seating positions
- Child safety rear door locks
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Ani-theft engine immobilizer
- Rear seat alert
*Features available with SEL trim
For more information about the Mitsubishi Outlander SEL visit