Built in legacy
Pure sports car for everyone
Subaru BRZ starts at $28,990.00.
Is the Subaru BRZ all new for 2022?
Yes, the 2022 BRZ marks the debut of the second generation of Subaru’s sporty coupe. This latest model features a lower and longer body, as well as a more striking design. The interior has been updated with a host of modern technologies, while still retaining its practicality. Under the hood, drivers will find a new 2.4-liter flat-four engine, which offers more power than the previous 2.0-liter version. The Limited trim level adds even more excitement with its 18-inch aluminum wheels, summer tires, and blind-spot monitoring system.
Subaru BRZ Trim levels
Subaru BRZ is offered in two trim levels:
- Limited (as tested)
As tested with MSRP of $33,255 including destination charge.
What is the Subaru BRZ warranty?
- 3-years or 36,000-miles new car warranty
- 5-years or 60,000-miles powertrain warranty
- 3-years or 36,000-miles wear item warranty
- 5-years unlimited mileage rust perforation warranty
What engine comes with the Subaru BRZ?
2.4L Direct-Injection DOHC Boxer Engine
The BRZ is powered by a 2.4-liter direct-injection DOHC engine, which generates 228 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. This power is transmitted to the rear wheels through either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission.
The BRZ also boasts a lower center of gravity for enhanced handling and a curb weight of just over 2800 pounds, which is nearly perfectly distributed between the front and rear.
What are the interior features of the Subaru BRZ?
The BRZ’s interior retains its focus on the driver, but with a refreshed, modern look and enhanced technology. The dashboard features a fully digital 7.0-inch gauge cluster, with the tachometer taking center stage and switching to a linear graph in Track mode. The front seats are heavily bolstered to keep passengers securely in place during spirited driving, and they feature red accents to match the coupe’s sporty character. The BRZ also boasts excellent visibility due to its thin front roof pillars and low seating position. Despite its compact size, the BRZ offers a generous cargo area that can hold four tires when the rear seats are folded down, making it practical for everyday use.
The BRZ is equipped with an 8.0-inch touchscreen in the center of the dashboard, serving as the hub for its infotainment system. This display offers a variety of inputs, including physical knobs for volume and tuning, as well as hard buttons for easy access. The system comes with standard features such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and SiriusXM satellite radio.
How does the Subaru BRZ drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, Definitely not a family car, but this is a default question for my reviews. It is however important to address the tall factor. I’m 6’3 and not all cars are created equal. Surprisingly given the very small car that it is, the interior space is extremely doable. I drove the car all week with zero complains about comfort. My impression also has factored in that this is a sports car and should be judged as such.
As a car enthusiast, It’s built just for enthusiast. I think it really has no other purpose. It brings all the performance, looks, tech and good handling. It checks all the boxes. The definition of a sports car.
I love that segments like this still exist. The fact is there isn’t much options. Subaru is a name with legacy and a well respected name in the motorsports world. It’s a level entry sports car, but I honestly don’t think they would put their name behind it if it wasn’t quality. I think they live up to the name with the BRZ. They are giving young enthusiasts and chance to still love cars and express their personalities through them.
Subaru BRZ FEATURES AS TESTED
- 2.4-liter Direct-Injection DOHC Subaru Boxer Engine
- 215/40 R18 85Y Michelin Pilot Sport 4 summer performance tires
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Torsen Limited Slip Rear Differential
- 6-Speed Electronic Direct-Control Automatic Transmission
- EyeSight Driver Assist technology with Adaptive Cruise Control
- 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels in matte gray finish
- Sport Tuned Suspension
- Brakes: four-wheel ventilated disc brakes with ABS, Brake Assist and Brake Override systems
- Subaru STARLINK 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus system with integrated center information display featuring 8.0-inch multi-touch high-resolution display screen, smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming
- Fold down rear seatback
- Daytime Running Lights
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Electric Power-Assisted
- Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
- LED Headlights: low and high beams with auto on/off with wiper operation
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with ID registration for two sets of wheels
- Power door locks, exterior mirrors and fuel door lock
- Temporary tire repair kit
- Dual-mode heated front seats
- Subaru Starlink Connected Services
- Airbag System including new driver’s knee airbag
- Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology with adaptive Cruise Control
- Reverse Automatic Braking
- High Beam Assist
- Subaru Rear/Side Vehicle Detection (SRVD)
- Steering Responsive Headlights
- Rearview Camera
- Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
*Features available with Forester BRZ trim
For more information about the Subaru BRZ visit: