Generation 2.0 is here.
Kona prices start at $25,435.00.
Is the Hyundai kona all new in 2024?
Yes, the 2024 Hyundai Kona is completely redesigned, featuring a more modern appearance and a classier cabin with enhanced technology and a fresh design. The interior boasts a more futuristic styling with two 12.3-inch displays on the dashboard. The new Kona offers increased spaciousness compared to the previous generation, thanks to a longer wheelbase and slimmer front seat backs that create more room for rear-seat passengers. Additionally, the 2024 Kona will be available with one of two gas-fed four-cylinder engines.
HYUNDAI Kona Trim levels
The Hyundai Kona is offered in four trim levels:
- N Line
- Limited (as tested)
MSRP as tested $34,695.00 including destination charges.
What is the HYUNDAI kona warranty?
- 10 year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
- 5 year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Warranty
- 7 year/Unlimited-mile Anti-Preformation Warranty
- 5 year/Unlimited-mile roadside assistance
- 3 year/36,000-mile Complementary maintenance
What engine comes with the Hyundai kona?
The Kona provides two engine options. The first is an entry-level 2.0-liter engine with 147 horsepower, while the second option which came with the tested vehicle is a turbocharged 1.6-liter engine with 190 horsepower, available with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
What are the interior features of the HYUNDAI kona?
The 2024 Kona introduces an interior with increased space compared to its predecessor, courtesy of an extended wheelbase and a lengthier body. Hyundai has also incorporated a more slender front seat-back design to provide additional legroom for passengers in the rear. The interior design combines a sleek, modern aesthetic with straightforward functionality. Notably, the Kona offers captivating ambient lighting, a distinctive column-mounted shifter, and the option for luxurious leather upholstery.
The dashboard showcases a pair of 12.3-inch displays, seamlessly encased under a single continuous glass panel. The first display serves as a customizable gauge cluster, while the second takes the form of a sizable touchscreen, handling the infotainment system’s controls.
How does the HYUNDAI kona Limited Drive?
I have two perspectives to answer this question:
As a fairly tall, family man, It’s a small crossover, I don’t believe family was the main focus for the Kona, as it really targets a much younger demographic. However, I was very comfortable using it to take my two daughters to school. The car is not very large, (but larger than the previous generation), however the interior is very well thought out, practical and spacious.
As a car enthusiast, I must admit, I never got so many looks on the street as I have with the new Kona! I think it was a combination of the new generation Kona and the fantastic Neoteric Yellow color that was almost impossible to miss. The car drove great and it is truly an upgrade from the previous generation.
An exceptional product. I believe given the larger size of the platform the 2nd gen will be much more successful. Strong contender for the segment.
Hyundai kona Limited features
Powertrain / Exterior
- 1.6L Turbocharged I4 Engine
- 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- Shift-by-Wire Gear Selector
- HTRAC All-Wheel Drive
- 19″ Alloy Wheels
- Heated Side Mirrors
- LED Headlights, Taillights & Daytime Running Lights
- Automatic Headlights
- High Beam Assist
- Power Sunroof
- Roof Side Rails
Comfort & Convenience
- Smart Cruise Control
- Highway Driving Assist
- Surround View Monitor
- Remote Start Parking Assist
- 12.3 Digital Instrument Clustor
- 12.3 Navigation System with AM/FM/HD Radio
- Dual Automatic Temperature Control & Rear Air Vents
- Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with HomeLink
- LED Interior Lights
- Proximity Key with Push Button Start
- H-Tex Seating Surfaces
- Power Drivers Seat with Lumbar Support
- Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Ambient Lighting
- Hands-Free Smart Liftgate with Auto Open
- Front and Rear USB Ports
- Android Auto & Apple Carplay
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist : Lane Following Assist
- Driver Attention Warning
- Rear Occupant Alert
- Blind-Spot Collision Warning
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
- Parking Distance Warning – Reverse/Forward/Side
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist – Reverse
- Rearview Camera
- Safe Exit Warning
- Safe Exit Warning
- Front, Front Side & Side-Curtain Airbags
*Features available with Kona Limited trim as tested.
For more information about the Hyundai Kona, please visit